alt.coffee im Prenzlauer Berg?: Bonanzacoffeeheroes

Diskutiere alt.coffee im Prenzlauer Berg?: Bonanzacoffeeheroes im Berlin, Brandenburg Forum im Bereich Der beste Espresso der Stadt; AW: alt.coffee im Prenzlauer Berg?: Bonanzacoffeeheroes Die einfachen und doppelten Espressi mit 16 und 32 g shi, bist du sicher? bei meinem...

1. blu

blu Mitglied

AW: alt.coffee im Prenzlauer Berg?: Bonanzacoffeeheroes

hi,
    bist du sicher? bei meinem letzten besuch gab es keine einfachen espressi. und siebe, in die 32 g passen kenne ich eig. nicht?
    lg blu

2. Ernie

Ernie Mitglied

also in 21g siebe kriegt man locker 32 g rein ;-)

3. tschoof

tschoof Mitglied

Die 16 und 32 g habe ich von der Karte abgelesen, das würde ich schon so vertreten, ja :)

Die Kunst ist dann ja, daraus trotzdem "nur" eine halbe Tasse (hier also wieder ungefähr nach der Norm) zu machen - mit einer herrlich dunklen Crema :-o

4. femto

femto Mitglied

[​IMG]
    Ja genau, es gibt dann auch Siebe für 8, 16, 32, 64, ...g, jeweils überfüllbar natürlich ... :mrgreen:;-) Mit bodenlosen Siebträgern sollte dann alles bis rd. 8...10cm Bautiefe möglich werden. Ziel wird sein, eine komplette 250g Packung in einem Rutsch verarbeiten zu können ... Wird in den USA mit Sicherheit gerade schon untersucht.
    *undweg*

5. blu

blu Mitglied

hi,
    und danke - das gab's bei meinen besuchen noch nicht. 21 g sieb habe ich noch keines, aber wenn ich meinen 3.000 beitrag schreibe wollte ich einen triple-espresso probieren, ist ja nicht mehr so lange hin ;-)
    (wobei ich die 21 g noch in mein LM-2er unterbekommen koennte).
    dank +lg blu

6. femto

femto Mitglied

Hallo blu,
    [​IMG]
    EspressoXXL lieferte die Bodenlosen mit einem solchen Riesen-Sieb aus. Aber ich muß ehrlich sagen, daß ich dem gegenüber einem gut gemachten Doppelten kein zusätzliches Plus abgewinnen konnte ... eher im Gegenteil. Na, vielleicht mein Fehler?!
    LG, femto!

7. #167 Bonanza Coffee Heroes, 13.10.2008
    Bonanza Coffee Heroes

Bonanza Coffee Heroes Mitglied

EspressoXXL lieferte die Bodenlosen mit einem solchen Riesen-Sieb aus. Aber ich muß ehrlich sagen, daß ich dem gegenüber einem gut gemachten Doppelten kein zusätzliches Plus abgewinnen konnte ... eher im Gegenteil. Na, vielleicht mein Fehler?!

Hi Femto,

When you use a larger Sieb and thus more coffee to extract an espresso, you have to raise the temperature of your brewing water. Because of the larger amount of coffee that needs to be heated.
    Your brewing water can be up to 97 degree for 14 to 16gr of coffee.

Entshuldigung fur meine english schreiben. Hoffentlich hast du mich verstehen. I konte aug in meine mutter sprache shreiben (Niederlandisch) aber englisch is glaub ich besser oder? Mein plan is um mehr deutsche zeitungen zu lesen mit ein wörtebuch und so besser die wunder shöne deutsche sprache zu lernen.

p.s.
    Yes at our shop we use a 14 gram Sieb and fill it with 16 grams of coffee to extract a single espresso that contains 25 to 30 ml of espresso fluid, with in an extraction time of 25 to 30 seconds. We make our espresso in exact accordance to the INEI (Italian National Espresso Institute). The only difference is the amount of coffee we use.
    Why do we do this? Well we have learnt to make espresso on a two group La Marzocco in my kitchen right here in Berlin Germany. (Not in the United States).
    What we noticed when we were trying out how to make a better testing espresso is,
    that only the first 14 to 18 seconds of the extraction had a full flavored espresso taste. the last 16 to 30 seconds of espresso extraction was either bland tasting or sour tasting espresso fluid (and needless to say there are always barista macho's that claim that they can extract perfect full flavored espresso from only 7 grams of coffee through out the FULL 30 seconds of extraction time, but try that in a shop enviroment 500 times in a row).
    Thats why people off course order ristretto's.
    So since we would rather not sell anything to anybody that we would not drink our self, we thought, let's give people in our shop an espresso that consists of 25 to 30ml of full flavored espresso.
    And to do this you have to take the double amount of coffee and cut the shot off when the espresso cup is filled with 25 to 30ml of espresso fluid. And coincidently this is something they also do in the US .....and Scandanavia, Australia, New Zeeland, The United Kindom, Cananada and Holland but not in Italy.
    But we did not realize, that by using more coffee to make a single espresso we would piss off a lot of Germany coffee enthusiasts, and be labeled 'those stupid americans' (even though i am a dutch korean):)
    With anything progressive in the world of food, drink and cooking, people experiment with dosage.

8. #168 Bonanza Coffee Heroes, 13.10.2008
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 13.10.2008
    Bonanza Coffee Heroes

Hi Toraja
    Aaah that book, i have not yet gotten around to reading it. I read at Jim Seven's blog that Scott Rao's book, is the only book on espresso that ads something to the topic of espresso besides the book from Schomer and Illy. I am going to order it right now.
    I can say though that the method of our espresso preparation from the choice of our espresso machine to the coffee grinder/ burrs, and beans are an accumulation of trial and error practice. I read everything i could get my hands on and let my tongue be the final judge no how we would go about making espresso. But our technique has not been revised since may 2007.
    But i must say that lately we have been really busy setting up our L3 Probat roaster in our shop. And that we are more busy trying to source good single origine beans for our clover.
    And for our own espresso blend.

p.s. are you going to be in Berlin anytime soon?

9. toraja

toraja Mitglied

Hi Kiduk,

I will be in Berlin maybe in the second week of November.

Best Regards

10. Ernie

Ernie Mitglied

Hey Kiduk,
    I would like to start a second try on visiting your shop on Saturday (sice the machine had already gone to sleep the last time ;-)). Can you tell me something about the beans you use (and sell?) right now?
    Greets,
    Steffi

11. #171 Bonanza Coffee Heroes, 13.10.2008
    Bonanza Coffee Heroes

This is nice, i hope we will get some good green beans by then so we can serve you something interesting :)

12. #172 Bonanza Coffee Heroes, 13.10.2008
    Bonanza Coffee Heroes

Can you tell me something about the beans you use (and sell?) right now?
    Greets,
    Steffi[/QUOTE]

Hi Steffi,

Saturday Yumi my partner and an employee will be at our shop.
    To my regret, I will be visiting my parents in holland so i will not be there.
    But about our beans, we use beans that are imported via Inter America. This is the Specialty Coffee importer for Germany based in Hamburg. Inter America buy's there beans from Mercanta (a London based company), which is considered one of the leading companies for high quality green beans in the world. Our beans are still roasted by the Berliner Kaffee Rösterei. Our espresso blend is good as an espresso and perfect for in a cappuccino. But we still need an espresso blend that is perfect as a straight espresso. That is why we are starting our own roasting. So we can serve an espresso blend that is only for espresso and a blend that is only for the milk based drinks.
    We try the best with what we have, but we know it can be even better.
    I will tell my partner that you will come by. Just tell us when you are in the shop, so we can do the extra effort on your drink.
    Grusse Kiduk

13. femto

femto Mitglied

Hi & thanks for your fast reply! In fact I actually lately raised the temperature from appr. 88deg. to 90~92deg - meaning the measured temperature of water issued directly from the brewhead. (But your mentionned temp. of 97deg. actually meaning the brewing water in the boiler as opposed to the issued water straight into the cup - right?!). Anyway - the "heat capacity" of the additional amount of coffee really making such a difference and really having such an impact on the temperature acutally surprises me - interesting & worth thinking about.

OK, that sounds more familiar to me. I'm currently using 15grams (an stopped messing around with these US-21grams portafilters ;-))

So true ... overfilling is a name to conjure with - even outside the US ... ;-):-D

Best wishes, femto!

14. #174 Bonanza Coffee Heroes, 13.10.2008
    Bonanza Coffee Heroes

No, i really mean the measured temperature of the water coming out of the brewhead, not in the boiler. So the water coming out of the brew head is 97 degree (our brew boiler is set to 95 degree). We measured it with a scace device. But what we also found is that when we have other espresso's the ideal brew temperature is different. So don't pin me down on this exact number of 97 degree.
    But i know for sure, at our shop we cannot brew nice espresso around 92 degree. This is with 16 grams of coffee far too low. We only get bland and sour espresso that way. And a 3 degree temperature offset is a world of a difference in most cases.
    Grusse Kiduk

15. femto

femto Mitglied

Oh, right. Wau. Thanks. That's interesting!
    Next time I'll be around your place I'll let you know in advance - maybe we can meet and have a coffee ... ;-):-D Looking forward to an interesting exchange of experiences ...
    Take care - femto!

16. lukask

lukask Mitglied

Just wanted to add: brewing a tight ristretto (30ml with ~16grams) versus a normal shot of espresso (30ml with ~7grams) are two - very - different things. Some coffees are more likely to yield very fine result with the former, while others with the latter.

Also, both need a completely different style of dosing and grind fineness. Both can yield very, very delicious cups of coffee extract. There simply is no one-size-fits-all, even if the italians claim otherwise ;)

17. Torre

Torre Mitglied

Ich weiß ja, dass Bonanzacoffeeheroes eine Menge Fans hat, und ein sehr spezielles Getränk anbietet, aber folgendes fiel mir auf:

Entschuldigung, das irritiert mich. Ich weiß nicht, ob man wirklich so salopp über die Menge hinweggehen kann und das immer noch als Espresso im Sinne von INEI bezeichnet wird. M.E. Nein!

Die Behauptung widerspricht aber auch anderen INEI Vorgaben. Wenn ich das richtig gelesen habe: http://www.espressoitaliano.org/doc/EIC - Eng - LQ.pdf kennt INEI mehrere Punkte (Seite 7):

• Necessary portion of ground coffee 7 g ± 0,5 - Nicht erfüllt, nach eigener Aussage

• Exit temperature of water from the unit 88°C ± 2°C - Erfüllt? Nein, wenn 97° siehe oben

• Temperature of the drink in the cup 67°C ± 3°C

• Entry water pressure 9 bar ± 1

• Percolation time 25 seconds ± 2,5 seconds

• Viscosity at 45°C > 1,5 mPa s - Wahrscheinlich mit Überdosierung nicht zu erreichen

• Total fat > 2 mg/ml - Hängt sicher auch von der Kaffeemenge ab und wird tendenziell zu hoch sein

• Caffeine < 100 mg/cup - Ist wegen der Überdosierung zu hoch aus den 7 gr kommen üblicherweise 55 mg

• Millilitres in the cup (including foam) 25 ml ± 2,5 - War nach meiner Beobachtung eher geringer

Sicher hängen die Punkte Viskosität, Fett und Coffein direkt mit der Menge des Kaffeemehl zusammen, sind aber trotzdem gesondert aufgeführt, was heißt unabhängig von der Einwaage einzuhalten.

Wenn das so ist, wäre ein Espresso ein Getränk mittels Espresomaschine hergestellt und in 25 sec extrahiert?

Das ist aber sicher kein INEI Espresso, unabhängig ob es schmeckt oder nicht. Ich verstehe nicht, warum Kiduk auf die Norm anspricht.

18. tschoof

tschoof Mitglied

Mh, also ohne jetzt die Quelle überprüft zu haben: Du magst Recht haben. Aber es ist auch egal, und erzähl mir mal wie du bei manchen Kaffees die 88 +/- 2° einhalten möchtest.

Dass extra betont wird sie einzuhalten, ok ist das eine... aber es ist echt egal.
    Ich behaupte mal, dass kein einziger von uns einen Espresso macht, der nach DIESER Norm auch so zu bezeichnen ist - ebenso wie kein anderer Mensch.

Da fällt mir Cpt. Barbossa ein:

19. Torre

Torre Mitglied

@ Timmä

D´accord! Was dann Blödsinn ist, ist "exact" diese Behauptung:

Oder er hat keine Ahnung, was bisher nicht erkennbar war.

20. lukask

lukask Mitglied

schwarz-weiss-schwarz-weiss-schwarz-weiss-schwarz-weiss

Thema:

alt.coffee im Prenzlauer Berg?: Bonanzacoffeeheroes

Die Seite wird geladen...

alt.coffee im Prenzlauer Berg?: Bonanzacoffeeheroes - Ähnliche Themen

1. [Usenet] alt.coffee Feed?

[Usenet] alt.coffee Feed?: Hallo Zusammen, ich habe gerade bemerkt, dass mein Newsserver kein alt.coffee fuehrt. Da ich dem Newsadmin bescheidgeben wollte habe ich mich...
  2. Alt.coffee t-shirts

Alt.coffee t-shirts: [color=#000080:post_uid0]Auf http://www.jonwye.com/coffee.html gibt es alt.coffee t-shirts... Hmm, hat jemand nen Draht zu nem T-Shirt...
  3. Intelligentsia - black cat - Der sulawesi von alt.coffee

Intelligentsia - black cat - Der sulawesi von alt.coffee: Hallo Forum Dankenswerterweise hab ich von einem Altie ein Päckchen Blac Cat von Intelligentsia zum testen bekommen. Für Alt.coffee ist das in...
  4. Escaping from starbux - Eine story aus alt.coffee

Escaping from starbux - Eine story aus alt.coffee: Hallo! Ich hab vorhin auf alt.coffee eine geniale Geschichte gefunden, Kaffeefreunde können die Gedanken des Authors sicher nachvollziehen......
  5. Laden (Maschinen / Zubehör) in Berlin Friedrichshain o. Prenzlauer Berg?

Laden (Maschinen / Zubehör) in Berlin Friedrichshain o. Prenzlauer Berg?: Hallo Leute, hat jemand nen Tip, ob es in Berlin Friedrichshain oder Prenzlauer Berg empfehlenswerte Läden gibt, in denen man mal nach...