[English] Which coffe machine should I buy? Down to just two....

Diskutiere [English] Which coffe machine should I buy? Down to just two.... im Espresso- und Kaffeemaschinen Forum im Bereich Maschinen und Technik; I have a small problem on my hands. I've been drinking espresso from my philips saeco poemia for a vew years now, and I always knew I'll sooner or...

1. Kafffe

Kafffe Mitglied

I have a small problem on my hands. I've been drinking espresso from my philips saeco poemia for a vew years now, and I always knew I'll sooner or later end up buying a better and expensier machine. I think now is the time.
    I don't want to spend much and 300€ is a lot for me to put into a coffee machine so I want to be sure when I buy a machine. So I have a dilema right now.
    I have these two options:

Philips 3000 HD 8824/01 for 300€
    Melitta Caffeo Passione for around 350€.

My main focus is on good espresso of course, also that the beans don't get too much ventilation and loose aroma, also I like it sometimes with milk, cappuccino and such. Also I value self cleaning option.
    Thank you very much for any opinion, experiences and help.
    Regards

2. #2 Enniefahrer, 14.05.2017
    Enniefahrer

Enniefahrer Mitglied

You also need a grinder all together 300 € is hardly to achieve.
    For that price (without any grinder) a Lelit PL 41 would be a good choice.
    Coffe automats don't produce a good Espresso.

sumac gefällt das.
  3. Kafffe

Kafffe Mitglied

I have a grinder, and both of these espresso makers have ceramic grinders built in. So these is no problem.
    Would one expect that philips poemnia hd 8323 would be better at making espresso then the above mentioned espresso makers?

4. #4 domimü, 14.05.2017
    domimü

domimü Mitglied

That doesn´t fit to your choice. Both machines in #1 aren´t able to make espresso - they´re automatic coffee machines and not espresso machhines.
    What´s your aim with your proposal in #3? It´s a lowest end machine and there´s no hope on good espresso, but, of course, for espresso better than the two others.

5. #5 Kaffeesack, 14.05.2017
    Kaffeesack

Kaffeesack Mitglied

Why do I keep reading Philips Painia? :oops:

Most likely yes, since the machines you mentioned produce a kind of coffee, but by no means a true espresso.

Why get rid of your portafilter Philips anyway?:rolleyes:

6. Kafffe

Kafffe Mitglied

I like my portafilter, there's no doubt. But it takes longer and harder to make more coffees.
    I'm also confused, why are the machines in #1 not considered as making esspresos? The system is practicaly the same is it not? The coffee gets grinded and compresed and then the water is poured over this coffee.
    What am I missing?
    The quality maybe is a bit doubtful since portafilter is a very well developed method.
    Thanks for all the opinions guys and gals

7. #7 domimü, 15.05.2017
    domimü

domimü Mitglied

It's obviousely a coarser grinding degree.
    Together with the quantity of ground coffee, the grinding degree influences the generation of the body or richness of the coffee.
    This forum is full of informations about it, of course in german. We can't translate thousands of items only for you, but you can use google (or another) translator or english forums like home-barista.com.

8. #8 tohenk2, 15.05.2017
    tohenk2

tohenk2 Mitglied

It feels like you are asking why you can't race in your 2CV. Off course you can, great fun and all.

You can get great coffee from any machine, if you use good produce to start with and know what you are doing. It is just that some machines are easier and more consistent (better) than others.

Thema:

[English] Which coffe machine should I buy? Down to just two....

Die Seite wird geladen...

[English] Which coffe machine should I buy? Down to just two.... - Ähnliche Themen

1. [Vorstellung] ito - Pressure-Profiling and Flow-Tracking (Jan 24) [ENGLISH]

ito - Pressure-Profiling and Flow-Tracking (Jan 24) [ENGLISH]: ito is a microcontroller module with SSR relays, WLAN and on-board power supply (about ito; video). It can be turned into a pressure & temperature...
  2. [English] A few questions about Quick Mill 5000a

[English] A few questions about Quick Mill 5000a: Hello! I should first apologize for posting in English, but I'm not proficient enough in German to post on a forum. Also, this site comes up a...