Neue Dalla Corte Studio

Diskutiere Neue Dalla Corte Studio im Espresso- und Kaffeemaschinen Forum im Bereich Maschinen und Technik; Wet puck doesn't mean anything, taste is important. If I use smaller basket than 32mm for 20g coffee, shower screen is heavily stamped to the...

1. #1301 Peter_SVK, 07.03.2021
    Peter_SVK

Peter_SVK Mitglied

Wet puck doesn't mean anything, taste is important. If I use smaller basket than 32mm for 20g coffee, shower screen is heavily stamped to the puck. Usually there is still some water remaining in the basket (32mm), but I suspect that this depends on the coffee and grinding, e.g. when I used Geisha, puck was totaly dry in the same basket.

2. #1302 kaafffeeee, 07.03.2021
    kaafffeeee

kaafffeeee Mitglied

Ok i will try the next days. Coffee is so good now, that it is difficult to drink not too much.

I also bought the MAX grinder (after using a Rancilio Rocket for 15 years). You mentioned bi-modal burrs and unimodal burrs. What is the difference and what kind of is the MAX? Do you now?

3. #1303 Peter_SVK, 07.03.2021
    Peter_SVK

Peter_SVK Mitglied

Unimodal burrs are often called brew burrs, bi-modal (= high uniformity) are espresso burrs. Unimodal burrs are generally considered the best for light roasted coffee while espresso burrs (bi-modal, high-uniformity) for medium and dark roasts. See the picture below for comparison, SSP unimodal (top), Ditting espresso/K30 style (bottom left), SSP high-uniformity (bottom right). Unimodal burrs have low fines are require different grinding then bi-modal (espresso) burrs due to the lack of fines, it's more challenging to use them (narrow sweet spot for grinding, not forgiving burrs, not that easy to work with - a small notch in grinding setting changes extraction time for few seconds).
    M-Max use something between espresso and uni-modal unles you have new Shuriken burrs, which I haven't seen yet (these should be more towards unimodal I think).
    Examples of grinders with unimodal burrs: Mahlkonig Peak and EK43, Lynn EG-1 Utra burrs, Lagom P64/SSP uni., ...

Anhänge:

4. Enzzos

Enzzos Mitglied

I disagree :)

Everytime the puck was really wet (no matter which machine) I had the issue that the extraction wasn't the best, too.

But maybe there is truely a difference depending on the beans or the grinder....

5. majdomi

majdomi Mitglied

H26 16g for single shot for Cappu
    H28 18g for doubleshot
    H25 single basket 9-10g for single shot

Do you also face that issue that the empty basket gets stuck in the group now and then?

@Peter_SVK I was playing with the thought to buy the Lagom (flat burrs) next to my Kinu (68mm conical burrs) for a different experience. So, do you have one and what'd you recommend?

6. #1306 Peter_SVK, 08.03.2021
    Peter_SVK

Peter_SVK Mitglied

There is a separate threads about Lagom P64 in Kaffe-netz forum and in Home-barista as well, if you would like to know more details. What particularly are you interested in?

7. #1307 kaafffeeee, 08.03.2021
    kaafffeeee

kaafffeeee Mitglied

I searched around a little bit....
    It seems that the Dalla Corte Max is a stripped down version of the Dalla Corte One - at least it shares some parts - so the grinder burrs:
    [​IMG]

8. #1308 Peter_SVK, 08.03.2021
    Peter_SVK

Peter_SVK Mitglied

As far as I know Dalla Corte One shares the internals with Mahlkonig K30 including the burrs (which are espresso/bi-modal ones). ;)

9. #1309 nobbi-4711, 09.03.2021
    nobbi-4711

nobbi-4711 Mitglied

Once upon a time....that Cooperation ended 2015. Since then the DC (both One and Max) has a unique system which can be alligned in the factory.

00nix gefällt das.
  10. #1310 Peter_SVK, 09.03.2021
    Peter_SVK

Peter_SVK Mitglied

The burrs are also designed by DC, or remained still K30?

11. #1311 kaafffeeee, 09.03.2021
    kaafffeeee

kaafffeeee Mitglied

what means „aligned in the factory“ and what does it imply for changing the grinder burrs?

12. #1312 nobbi-4711, 10.03.2021
    nobbi-4711

nobbi-4711 Mitglied

As far as I know, the burrs were designed by DC from the beginning, and manufactured by Mahlkönig. Mahlkönig "stole" the burr design for the later K30 Models.
    It means that the grinding chamber is so designed that the burrs can be paralleled to eachother. Change of burrs does not change the alignment.

13. #1313 Peter_SVK, 10.03.2021
    Peter_SVK

Peter_SVK Mitglied

DC One hit the market in 2011, while Mahlkonig K30 has been on the market since 2007 at least. It's hard to explore so deep into the past, but I haven't found a word about changing the design of the K30 burrs. Brew Kenia/Guatemala burrs were used by some grinder manufacturers as well.

14. majdomi

majdomi Mitglied

Hallo Zusammen
    Ich habe endlich meine Studio ans Festwasser angehängt.:)
    Hat grundsätzlich alles geklappt, jedoch habe ich noch ein zwei Fragen,

Den Filter habe ich direkt in die Maschine eingebaut, da wo der Tank normalerweise steht. Seht ihr einen Grund, warum dies problematisch sein könnte oder ist alles in Butter? (siehe Bild).

Mein Festwasserdruck ist bei 4bar und ich empfinde das als hoch. Gibt's einen schlauen Druckminderer um auf 2bar zu kommen?

Totale Härte von meinem Wasser ist bei 12dH. Bei 30% Verschnitt bin ich bei 3-4dH. ist dies zu niederig?

Danke für eure Inputs
    Gruss
    Dominik

Anhänge:

davoucci83 gefällt das.
  15. #1315 kaafffeeee, 13.03.2021
    kaafffeeee

kaafffeeee Mitglied

Hallo Dominik,

ich kann leider keine direkte "Ratschläge" geben.....
    Ich habe letztes Jahr einen Dreiwegehahn und einen BWT Filter an meine Spüle gebaut und nutzte den Tank mit dem gefilterten Wasser vom Dreiwegehahn. Ich habe ungefähr 6 dH im gefilterten Wasser. Zum Dreiwegehahn von Blanco gehört ein Druckminderer der zwischen Filter und Hahn sitzt. Ob der so "schlau" ist weiß ich nicht. :)

Eine andere Frage: Meine Studio zeigt beim Espresso brühen einen Druck von eher 11-12 bar an (am Manometer am Tank). Ist das normal? Sollten das nicht eher 9 bar sein? An welchem Ventil kann man das einstellen?

16. majdomi

majdomi Mitglied

Ich hatte bisher 10bar am Manometer. Mit dem Festwasser hatte ich dann auch bis 12bar. Ich hab dazu den Pumpendruck reduziert und bin nun bei 9bar.

1. linke Seite öffnen
    2. Am Motor gibt es eine Messing-Stellschraube
    3. Kontermutter der Stellschraube lösen
    4. Blindsieb einsetzen und Bezug starten
    5. Mit Stellschraube den gewünschten Druck einstellen
    6. Druck nochmals kurz prüfen, Kontermutter festziehen und Gehäuse schliessen

17. #1317 Peter_SVK, 15.03.2021
    Peter_SVK

Peter_SVK Mitglied

The pictures are from 20g coffee puck in H32 basket after extraction. Please note, shower screw is flat head, not hexagonal.
    I experienced coffee plays very important role, if the puck is wet or a bit of water remains.
    DSC_2036.JPG

DSC_2037.JPG
    DSC_2038.JPG

00nix gefällt das.
  18. majdomi

majdomi Mitglied

I assume you need a bit more space between shower screen and puck if you use PI.

Did you clean the shower for taking the picture or was this right after the shot?

19. #1319 Peter_SVK, 15.03.2021
    Peter_SVK

Peter_SVK Mitglied

I think unimodal grinding (which is very fluffy) occupies more volume.

Right after the shot I think, but not sure (can check the shower in next extraction). I also realized quite dirty bayonet surrounding (lack of cleaning maintenance :)), so cleaned it thorougly afterward. I use tooth brush and always clean the shower after last extraction before switching the machine off (but as a such tooth brush doesn't clean the surrounding space).

Btw, actually I have Mabo coffee, which is difficult to prepare to my liking so far, still quite bitter despite of going down with the temperature to (for me) unusual 89.5°C, so today I've tried to grind coarser and omit PI at all. Can take the pictures later ...

20. majdomi

majdomi Mitglied

I always have a quite dirty screen after each shot, that's why I was wondering. What's the extraction time of the Mabo?

I have the opposite. A rio brilhante brewed at 95°. 40s extraction +4s PI to get rid of sourness

Thema:

Neue Dalla Corte Studio

Die Seite wird geladen...

Neue Dalla Corte Studio - Ähnliche Themen

1. Kaufberatung neuer Siebträger - Alte Dalla Corte mini will nicht mehr

Kaufberatung neuer Siebträger - Alte Dalla Corte mini will nicht mehr: Hallo liebe Kaffee-Netz community, ich brauche euren Rat. Meine Dalla Corte mini hat lange Zeit rum gezickt und benötigte ca. 30 Minuten zum warm...
  2. Neue Dalla Corte Super Mini: Kein Wasser aus der Brühgruppe

Neue Dalla Corte Super Mini: Kein Wasser aus der Brühgruppe: Hallo zusammen, ich habe eine neue Dalla Corte Super Mini gekauft (Aussteller). Die Freude ist leider etwas getrübt, die Maschine gibt kein...
  3. Dalla Corte / Neue Modelle im Herbst 2018?

Dalla Corte / Neue Modelle im Herbst 2018?: Liebe Gemeinde, ich plane ein Upgrade von meiner Silvia (Anm.: als Mühle setze ich aktuell auf die Lux D) auf einen kompakten Dualboiler mit...
  4. [Verkaufe] Dalla Corte Super Mini (neues Ausstellungsstück)

Dalla Corte Super Mini (neues Ausstellungsstück): Ich biete eine neue und unbenutzte Dalla Corte super mini an. Sie stand bei uns einige Monate in der Ausstellung, wurde aber nicht benutzt. Sie...
  5. Dalla Cortes neuester Auftritt

Dalla Cortes neuester Auftritt: ....ich bin gespannt was da noch kommt....:) http://www.dallacorte.com/index.html