Probleme mit Casadio Instantaneo

Diskutiere Probleme mit Casadio Instantaneo im Mühlen Forum im Bereich Maschinen und Technik; Dear forum, First of all, I want to apology for writing in English. I'm a Danish coffee geek, who unfortunately don't speak German. I just...

1. MoBak

MoBak Gast

Dear forum,

First of all, I want to apology for writing in English. I'm a Danish coffee geek, who unfortunately don't speak German. I just bought a Casadio Instantaneo, and since Germany seems to be the only market, where this grinder is widely used, I hope that someone in this forum can help. I've tried CoffeeGeek.com but apparantly there aren't a lot of Casadio owners. I hope some of your guys can help, even though I ask in English.

This is my qustion copied from CoffeeGeek:

I've just bought a (hardly) used Casadio Instantaneo. It's a GREAT grinder that has improved my espressoes significantly.

I have one problem regarding adjustment of the timer, though. There are 4 menues in the grinder that you can enter to adjust the timer: Menu 100 and 300 to adjust single shot doses by 1/100 secs and 1/10 secs respectively and 200 and 400 to adjust double shot doses by 1/100 and 1/10 secs.

I'm able to access the 300 and 400 menu by turning on the grinder while holding 1+"plus" buttons (for 300 menu) and 2+"minus" buttons for 400 menu.

The problem is to access the 100 and 200 menu. IT should be as simple as pressing the plus for 100 and minus for 200. But the grinder does not reac at all, when pressing these buttons. To prove that I made this little video. In the video I start up the grinder in the 400 menu, just to verify that the plus and minus buttons work - which they do. Then I let the grinder leave this menu and then I try to access the 100 or 200 menu just by clicking the plus and minus buttons. But no reaction. I've also tried to press and hold the buttons for anything between 0-10 secs. That doesn't help either. In this video from another user it works as I expect it should.

Is the "software" in my grinder different?!? The person I bought the grinder from has made a big effort to help, but he also remember the procedure as it's shown in the second video. The buttons work, but the grinder doesn't react. Why?

Any suggestions?

2. #2 ergojuer, 27.08.2007
    ergojuer

ergojuer Mitglied

AW: Probleme mit Casadio Instantaneo

Did you solve your problem?

I remember that I heard once about a feature of the Istantaneus that makes it possible to block the timer-adjustments. Maybe I did read it somewhere in the (original by Casadio but badly translated ) manual of the grinder. As I know there are different versions of this manual...

Today evening I will take a look in this manual. I hope to find this passage.

It could also be possible, that I confused something....

3. MoBak

MoBak Gast

Hi,

I didn't find a solution yet. It sounds very plausible that it's possible to block the timer adjustment. I would be very thankfull if you could check the "manual". The person I bought the grinder from threw out the manual, because he found it that useless (Not hard to believe for an Italian product).

If it is in the manual it's probably also in the forum here somewhere, but since I don't understand much German, I'm not able to search for it. :(

Thanks again. Hope you are able to find it ;)

4. #4 ergojuer, 27.08.2007
    ergojuer

ergojuer Mitglied

I hope it too. I recently searched for this feature in the manual, but did not find it. But at this time there was no need to find it...:rolleyes:
    Anyway: If I dont find it, I will send you the direct Emailadress of Mr. Gianni Camerani at casadio in Italy.

Did you take a look inside the grinder?
    Are there all cables fixed?
    A transport by parcel-service is a real risk for the casadio, because the main-board ("main-board"? ) is fixed by four thin plastic-pins at the rear side of the grinder body. When my Casadio arrived all of this four pins have been broken and the main-board was free inside the body. I knew that other users had the same or similar experiences.
    So take a look inside your grinder.

5. MoBak

MoBak Gast

Hi again,

Actually I looked inside the grinder yesterday and didn't notice anything. But I didn't know what to look for, so I'll have another look.

I don't think that's the problem though, since the + and - buttons are working ok - just not to access the menues.

6. #6 ergojuer, 27.08.2007
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 18.03.2009
    ergojuer

ergojuer Mitglied

HEUREKA!
    hope so....

On page 12 of the english manual I found that:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I think this feature is created for the professional use in a bar, where no one wishes that a new "barista" changes the settings accidentally.

Anyway, I did not test it. ;-)

I hope it works. Please let me know.

7. #7 langbein, 27.08.2007
    langbein

langbein Mitglied

...just asking me, if it´s my bad english or the language used in the Casadio manual that makes the quoted text sound so strange :D

8. #8 ergojuer, 27.08.2007
    ergojuer

ergojuer Mitglied

The same to me: My english is bad and the english in the manual seems to be as poor. Hard combination...
    "Ignition of the machine" thats my favorite. :D

I looked for this part in the italian manual, but did not find it...
    :(

9. #9 Dirk2/3, 27.08.2007
    Dirk2/3

Dirk2/3 Mitglied

Hi,
    my own casadio works exactly ,like the discription in the Manual.
    By starting press Button 1+2 at the same time,
    off position by pressing minus means no blocking of Milliseconds.
    pressing pluss (on) means the opposite.

Good luck

Dirk

Sorry for my bad english... :-(

10. #10 old harry, 27.08.2007
    old harry

old harry Mitglied

very much OT - well, at least concerning the grinder-question: isn't it strange how everybody's apologizing for his insufficient english, while all the questions have been both understood and replied comprehensible?
    has anyone ever tried a crosscheck? ask the same question in an english-spoken community in german, danish, chinese or whatever else and see what happens...

allthough I do very much estimate english as some kind of a natural grown alternative to the dreams of a universal language, I can't see any reason for anyone, grown up with whatever other language, to apologize for his skills, earned by making quite an effort - unless it would be some kind of coquetry... ;)

11. MoBak

MoBak Gast

No need to apology for your English. I couldn't get it to work after reading the quotation from the manual, but after your "translation" from English to English it works :lol:

Thanks a lot guys! I appreciate it a lot. Thanks for helping even though I couldn't ask in German.

Thema:

Probleme mit Casadio Instantaneo

Die Seite wird geladen...

Probleme mit Casadio Instantaneo - Ähnliche Themen

1. Casadio Instantaneo - Versandprobleme?

Casadio Instantaneo - Versandprobleme?: Hallo, in diesem thread http://www.kaffee-netz.de/muehlen/12018-casadio-istantaneo-kaffee-der-einfach-da-ist.html ging´s um Probleme mit zu...
  2. Rancilio Classe 6 E Druckprobleme

Rancilio Classe 6 E Druckprobleme: Hallo Community, meine Zentraleinheit meiner Rancilio Classe 6 E macht Probleme mit dem Druckaufbau für die Pumpe. Die Pumpe baut bei Bezug den...
  3. Bezzera Hobby: Anfängerprobleme?

Bezzera Hobby: Anfängerprobleme?: Hallo liebe Gemeinde, um etwas mehr Bella Italia zu erleben, bin ivh auf eine Bezzera Hobby 2 umgestiegen. Leider habe ich 3 kleine Probleme: 1....
  4. Jura WE8: Probleme mit Mahlwerk

Jura WE8: Probleme mit Mahlwerk: Moin zusammen! Ich habe ein etwas merkwürdiges Verhalten bei unserer WE8 im Büro (täglich ca. 50 - 60 Bezüge). Vor zwei Wochen begann das...
  5. Profitec Go - Probleme Thread

Profitec Go - Probleme Thread: Hallo zusammen, ich habe mal so einen Sammelthread für die Go erstellt, damit jeder, der Themen/Probleme/Fragen zu obiger ST Maschine hat, evtl....