(English) Looking for Specialty beans

Diskutiere (English) Looking for Specialty beans im Bohnen und Kaffee Forum im Bereich Rund um die Bohne; Hello, sorry for me writing in English, but truth is, I don't really speak any German. As I live in Europe, I'm looking for a source of good green...

1. #1 OpiPoba, 18.07.2015
    OpiPoba

OpiPoba Mitglied

Hello, sorry for me writing in English, but truth is, I don't really speak any German.
    As I live in Europe, I'm looking for a source of good green beans, maybe you can point some at me that won't come up in Google as I can only look in English.
    I'd like to get Specialty quality, as to be sure about freshness, quality, etc, and be able to focus on roasting and brewing correctly them.

Sorry if I've mistaken the section, but Google Translate wasn't really the most helpful thing in the world.
    Thank you anyway,
    Marco

2. sumac

sumac Mitglied

3. #3 OpiPoba, 18.07.2015
    OpiPoba

OpiPoba Mitglied

Thank you for your reply and for the two links, I'll drop some emails.
    Didn't consider really important saying that I'm from Italy, it's quite hard finding here someone that has Specialty coffee, so I started looking in Europe. Shipping usually is not that much of a problem within EU.
    I'd like to get something to make my own espresso blend (I'd say, Brasil, Guatemala, Ethiopia and Indonesia), of course it's not much more than an experiment, and also something to brew as a SO, espresso an filter (maybe Kenya? El Salvador?). Thank you for your help.

tomat3 gefällt das.
  4. #4 silverhour, 18.07.2015
    silverhour

silverhour Mitglied

Welcome to KN!

On the coffee wiki is a list of resellers for green coffee beans, these resellers sell to consumers in small units (per kg): https://www.kaffeewiki.de/index.php?title=Rohkaffee_kaufen Even if it is in German, it is quite easy to navigate: Under "1. deutschsprachige Shops" you will find resellers located in Germany and with German homepages - you should have to contact them by mail to run the conversation in English, I guess for most of them it would not be a problem. Under "2. englischsprachige Shops" international resellers are listed - a few are located in Europe and well known for good quality as e.g. Hasbeen in UK or ongebrand in Netherlands (English Webshop).

cheers, Olli

5. sumac

sumac Mitglied

ich war schneller (I was faster). ;)

6. #6 OpiPoba, 19.07.2015
    OpiPoba

OpiPoba Mitglied

Thank you!
    I'll take a look at all of them and drop some email where I find stuff I like.
    Just a though on Ongebrand: are those coffee actually Specialty? I've seen some stuff I wouldn't consider such, not that I'm an expert though, just wondering.
    Thanks,
    Marco

7. sumac

sumac Mitglied

8. #8 OpiPoba, 19.07.2015
    OpiPoba

OpiPoba Mitglied

9. sumac

sumac Mitglied

10. #10 silverhour, 19.07.2015
    silverhour

silverhour Mitglied

Marco, what is your understanding of "speciality" coffee?
    Do you look for "luxury" (= high priced) origins as Jamaica Blue Mountain, Kopi Cofee etc...? Or do you want certifications as a.g "cup of excellence"? Or do you look for interessting Microlots incl info of the farming cooperative? For classification of quality you can take a look at the RolfG's link - in a nutshell the classifications give info about size and nr of defect beans.

11. #11 OpiPoba, 19.07.2015
    OpiPoba

OpiPoba Mitglied

What I mean talking about Specialty coffee is the definition they give at SCAE/A, as stated in RolfG's link, coffee that in a lot has no primary defects and less than five secondary defects. Usually I find this as Cup of Excellence, as micro/nanolots, etc, but maybe there's something I'm missing (=not getting) about this whole story that could help me out.
    Thank you!

@RolfG.: Did you edit your message? I got two in the mail and here I found just one. I hope I didn't offend you.

12. #12 cafesolo, 23.07.2015
    cafesolo

cafesolo Mitglied

Hallo Marco,
    here is a good adress in italy http://www.sandalj.com/

13. #13 OpiPoba, 24.07.2015
    OpiPoba

OpiPoba Mitglied

Thank you!, I'm waiting on their response to an email (I've used in the past the contact form but, either they didn't want to reply to me, or it doesn't work right - and for once I think it's the second one, as for how it works when using it).
    Thank you :)

Thema:

(English) Looking for Specialty beans

Die Seite wird geladen...

(English) Looking for Specialty beans - Ähnliche Themen

1. Francis Francis X1 temprature issue (english)

Francis Francis X1 temprature issue (english): Hi, I have a problem with my francis Francis X1 (first generation aluminium boiler) it only heats to 80°. I opened it and tried some setting with...
  2. [Maschinen] Looking for Allio Bullet, Cafemino, or Cormorant 600

Looking for Allio Bullet, Cafemino, or Cormorant 600: Hello. I am looking for a coffee roaster. Please pm me if you have one of the above for sale. Or even something similar. Thanks. Kevin
  3. [Verkauft] Weber Workshops Looking Glass

Weber Workshops Looking Glass: Hallo zusammen, ich biete hier den Spiegel von Weber Workshops zum Verkauf. Preislich habe ich an 75 € gedacht. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  4. Looking for Comandante C40 ironheart and C40 mk2

Looking for Comandante C40 ironheart and C40 mk2: Hello guys, I am looking for Comandante C40 ironheart and C40 mk2. Pleas let me know if you have them and want to sell them. Thanks!