[English] A few questions about Quick Mill 5000a

Diskutiere [English] A few questions about Quick Mill 5000a im Espresso- und Kaffeemaschinen Forum im Bereich Maschinen und Technik; Hello! I should first apologize for posting in English, but I'm not proficient enough in German to post on a forum. Also, this site comes up a...

1. #1 Normann, 24.09.2016
    Normann

Normann Mitglied

Hello!

I should first apologize for posting in English, but I'm not proficient enough in German to post on a forum. Also, this site comes up a lot when searching for information about the Quick Mill 5000a.

I understand many enthusiasts frown upon super automaticas, but am not that ready yet to go with a more traditional machine (I've been a little handicapped due to a health problem, and would rather use something simpler, at least until recovering, which will unfortunately still be quite long).

So, I was wondering two things:

- I've seen in some threads (thanks to Google translation) that some people change some settings on the mill so that the coffee is fine enough to get to 25s long extractions: is such a modification absolutely necessary to get to that duration? And about how long does it take with the mill at finest setting without this mod?

- the machine has a "two cups" setting: does the mill run twice, when triggered in that mode, or does it just add water to a single coffee dose so to fill the two cups? I'm actually wondering if you could get one doppio when using this "two cups" mode with a single cup below the nozzles...

Thanks in advance if you can help me.

Thema:

[English] A few questions about Quick Mill 5000a

Die Seite wird geladen...

[English] A few questions about Quick Mill 5000a - Ähnliche Themen

1. [Vorstellung] ito - Pressure-Profiling and Flow-Tracking (Jan 24) [ENGLISH]

ito - Pressure-Profiling and Flow-Tracking (Jan 24) [ENGLISH]: ito is a microcontroller module with SSR relays, WLAN and on-board power supply (about ito; video). It can be turned into a pressure & temperature...
  2. [English] Which coffe machine should I buy? Down to just two....

[English] Which coffe machine should I buy? Down to just two....: I have a small problem on my hands. I've been drinking espresso from my philips saeco poemia for a vew years now, and I always knew I'll sooner or...