[Verkaufe] POM Disfuser w. wirescreen for Dallacorte/ La Spaz

Diskutiere POM Disfuser w. wirescreen for Dallacorte/ La Spaz im Gewerbliche Vorstellungen Forum im Bereich Schwarzes Brett; Sounds strange, how dark roasted coffee can be affected of the dispersionblock? Is it because of the fine grind get clogged in the mesh? But sorry...

1. #21 Thebat18, 27.10.2015
    Thebat18

Thebat18 Mitglied

Sounds strange, how dark roasted coffee can be affected of the dispersionblock? Is it because of the fine grind get clogged in the mesh?
    But sorry to hear about the "suction-problem" that is the block being a bit too large for the basket. I makes it to fit an 55mm basket and if you have a 54,5mm basket then the block should be around 53,9mm in size :)

To new orders, i must encourage people to measure their primary portafilterbasket with a vernier-gauge, so i can make an exact fit to the actual basket. :)

2. #22 infusione, 27.10.2015
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 27.10.2015
    infusione

infusione Mitglied

Hi @Thebat18, the diffuser is perfect for original Dalla Corte 55mm filter baskets and the quite simmilar IMS baskets for Dalla Corte. And it greatly improves puck surface.

The sucktion happens only with LSM baskets, that are available for 12g and 14g, also 55mm diameter, but reduce directly under the ridge. The diffuser is close and tight with the basket, sealing just under the ridge. So it's the LSM baskets, that don't fit with the 54,6mm diffuser.

The LSM baskets are perfectly for dark espresso, because you can easly dose 12 or 13 g.

On the other hand, the 11mm thick diffuser gives you room for 1 to 1,5g more coffee than the standard diffuser. This is great for bright roasts.

Conclusio:
    • for dark coffee (and the small LSM baskets) the diffuser should be 13mm thick and for example 53,9mm diameter
    • for bright coffee (and the larger IMS/Dalla Corte baskets) you shower is perfect, as it is.
    Probably that's the reason, why my machine came with two diffusers, 11mm and 13mm.

3. #23 Ansonamun, 27.10.2015
    Ansonamun

Ansonamun Mitglied

Für mich ist die Duschplatte mit Sieb eher ein Kaufgrund weil kein Kaffeemehl sich darunter ansammelt.
    Ich habe das Problem beim Standartsieb und beim competitionsieb.. deshalb werd ich das auch mal ausprobieren.

4. beelte

beelte Mitglied

My buddy has a lathe. Changing the diameter is no big deal for me. I mostly drink medium to light roasts. Sometimes medium dark like ATT Nesun Dorma. I'm quite confident that I'll never need the stock diffusor again. The 12g LSM basket will take 14g, I reckon. Perfect for me.

What can go wrong with a "Some Serious Gourmet Shit" marking? ;)

5. beelte

beelte Mitglied

[​IMG]

Review later on.

6. beelte

beelte Mitglied

Writing up a review turns out to be staight forward. Why isn't Dalla Corte shipping their machines with a diffusor like that? This little blue disc just makes sense. It makes extraction somewhat consistent. Especially, when I worked sloppy on distributing the grounds, I got punnished with channeling directly. All gone now with the new diffusor.

Does it taste different? I don't know.

7. beelte

beelte Mitglied

Writing up a review turns out to be staight forward. Why isn't Dalla Corte shipping their machines with a diffusor like that? This little blue disc just makes sense. It makes extraction somewhat consistent. Especially, when I worked sloppy on distributing the grounds, I got punnished with channeling directly. All gone now with the new diffusor.

Does it taste different? I don't know.

8. claus

claus Mitglied

Doesn't changing from bras to pom signifficantly change the thermal behaviour of the machines. Maybe this is a minor issue for the saturated group head of the dalla corte. But for the la spaziale i would guess that changing thermal conductivity and capacity by factors of 10 has quit some impact in the thermal equilibrium and the brewing water temperature.
    Does anybody have experience with that?

Gesendet von meinem Lenovo B6000-H mit Tapatalk

9. #29 Ansonamun, 19.11.2015
    Ansonamun

Ansonamun Mitglied

Und auf deutsch :) ?

10. #30 S.Bresseau, 19.11.2015
    S.Bresseau

S.Bresseau Mitglied

ob POM Einfluss auf die thermische Stabilität hat. Abhängig von der BG-Konstruktion.

11. #31 Thebat18, 14.12.2015
    Thebat18

Thebat18 Mitglied

The change from brass to POM, does lower the coffee-temperature, as it hits the coffee.
    POM is considered a temperature-neutral materiel, that doesnt take or give heat - that Means the Waters temperature is slightly lower, when i moves thro the 11mm block.
    But the temperature-drop is only present for the first few drops of Water, as it will quickly reach temperature and isolate that temperature - i set a setpoint on my machine of 0,5degrees higher, just by changing the block. :)

12. #32 Tintin_, 18.02.2016
    Tintin_

Tintin_ Mitglied

Yesterday, my POM diffuser w. wirescreen from Thebat18 arrived (@Thebat18: thanks). And the water distribution seems to be significantly better indeed. However, now I've recognised the problem that the basket (Sieb) heavily sticks to the POM diffuser after I remove the portafilter. This morning I used a fork in order to remove the basket from the diffuser. Does anyone else happens to have the same problem? @Thebat18: maybe the dimensions of the diffuser are slightly to big?
    [​IMG]

13. #33 Ansonamun, 18.02.2016
    Ansonamun

Ansonamun Mitglied

Das Sieb hängt mit Pulver an der Dusche bzw. dem POM fest ?
    So stark das sich das Sieb aus dem Siebträger löst ?

14. #34 Thebat18, 18.02.2016
    Thebat18

Thebat18 Mitglied

@Tintin_ Yes it sounds you have a slightly smaller basket, than the others.
    Is it a special basket?
    The fix for this, is to shave some material 2-3/10's of a millimeter of the blok or to use a bigger basket. (Standard 54mm basket should fit)
    You are welcome to send it back and i will take it off and send it back.

15. #35 Tintin_, 18.02.2016
    Tintin_

Tintin_ Mitglied

@Ansonamun: Genau, das Sieb hängt mit Pulver am POM so fest, dass das Sieb sich aus dem Siebträger löst.
    @Thebat18 : It's indeed a special basket (ACCURATO LA SPAZIALE 2er basket 15g from Tidaka) I'll try another basket. Was just the first test this morning.

16. #36 Ansonamun, 18.02.2016
    Ansonamun

Ansonamun Mitglied

I got nearly 10 baskets for my la spaziale, also the accurato that you use.
    i dont got a problem with it.

Thema:

POM Disfuser w. wirescreen for Dallacorte/ La Spaz