QM 0820 or 3140

Diskutiere QM 0820 or 3140 im Espresso- und Kaffeemaschinen Forum im Bereich Maschinen und Technik; Hello, I'm considering the purchase of a QM Stretta 0820, but I seem to have read that the PF and the baskets are specific. In other words, we...

1. #1 Freewind33, 18.08.2019
    Freewind33

Freewind33 Mitglied

Hello,

I'm considering the purchase of a QM Stretta 0820, but I seem to have read that the PF and the baskets are specific. In other words, we could not place VST baskets, IMS or E & B Lab. Can owners confirm it to me?

I also saw a used QM EVO 3140, but I wonder if we approach the result in a cup of a machine with Rossi group (ex: Lelit PL 41 Plus PID). I do not need to mount the milk, so the double thermoblock is not useful to me, but is the thermoblock for coffee as efficient as a boiler? It seems to me that there is a PID ... I also wonder if the doses are really volumetric. So, again, if a possessor could inform me.

Stretta or 3140: in both cases it is a machine to put in the office, the advantages of the thermoblock (speed of heating, no water remains in the machine once the tank removed because it is a machine that will be regularly moved, especially during the holidays), etc.) would be appreciated. So if there is no big loss side result in a cup compared to a Rossi, it could tempt me.

Good day to you !

ps : sorry for english langage ...

2. Senftl

Senftl Mitglied

Hello and welcome
    Thats right, out-of-the-box the baskets won‘t fit.
    But here in this post/thread are some instructions to remodel VST baskets so they would fit (it is about the 3004 but the portafilter holder and brewgroup should be the same like in the 0820)
    LM-Sieb und Quickmill (3000, 3004, 3035 usw.)

For the thermoblock:
    Yes, in case for making an espresso it is as efficient/practical like a boiler (as far as you don‘t want to fill a 250ml cup, but regular small boilers can’t do that either).
    A PID could be more usefull as the temperature does go up and down in smaller/narrower steps, before the heating is switched on or of, as it does without a PID (so temperature surfing is out of workflow with PID).
    But it is more or less a comfort feature and up to you, to decide if you need it or not.:)

3. #3 Freewind33, 18.08.2019
    Freewind33

Freewind33 Mitglied

Thank you so much. Very useful this link.

Is the filter holder of the QM 3140 the same as that of the 0820 because the seller tells me that it is possible to put the VST in the QM 3140 but not in the 0820 (in which case he is right)?
    The 3140 has a PID I think (so more electronics), it seems to you that it will be a real gain for temperature management (see thermoblock)?
    For summary: better cup result with a 3140 (in comparison with the 0820).

4. Senftl

Senftl Mitglied

I only know that the thermoblocks (and maybe the brewgroups) on the newer (3140 and likewise) machines are different from the old machines (0820/3004/...). But I don‘t know how in detail, sorry.

Maybe @Sebastiano or @heli9 or others know or can say more on this topic.

Wouldn‘t put it like that, but with PID it can be more comfortable.

5. #5 Freewind33, 18.08.2019
    Freewind33

Freewind33 Mitglied

Thank you so much (the decision must be taken tonight to order tomorrow morning).
    (In fact, it is a question of whether the filter holder of the 3140 accepts VS, IMS etc. without modification. I will try to contact @Sebastiano or @heli9)

6. Senftl

Senftl Mitglied

You are welcome (oh, thats a real short deadline you have set there).

7. #7 zteneeffak, 18.08.2019
    zteneeffak

zteneeffak Mitglied

As far as I know the Portafilters of all QM Thermoblock machines are the same or interchangeable. They all habe three „lockers“. Anything different would be a big surprise to me.

8. #8 Freewind33, 18.08.2019
    Freewind33

Freewind33 Mitglied

which means (excuse me ...) that the problem of inserting the VST or IMS baskets into the QM 0820 filter holder is the same for the QM EVO 3140?

9. #9 Freewind33, 18.08.2019
    Freewind33

Freewind33 Mitglied

@zteneeffak: big difference in cup between QM 0820 and Xenia or Bezzera?

10. #10 Sebastiano, 18.08.2019
    Sebastiano

Sebastiano Mitglied

Yes, the filter holders are the same and of course the problems of handling the VST or IMS baskets are the same. They will fit into the filter holder but not in the brewing head – without modification.

But – please consider, the machine itself is not the main point that makes a big difference in the cup – the main point is you as a home-barista and your handling with more or less 'fun and engagement to handle your machine'…

Greetings, Sebastiano

Senftl gefällt das.
  11. #11 Freewind33, 18.08.2019
    Freewind33

Freewind33 Mitglied

Thank you Sebastiano, I master the preparation of espresso (or even my "little" chain utube escapadoenophile et caféologeek) with my Rocket and my Niche Zero. But having noticed a difference in a cup with VST and IMS baskets, I would like to be able to benefit my future purchase (I can have the opportunity either a 0820 to 209 euros or a 3140 to 465 euros, I hesitate ... ).

12. Zuvca

Zuvca Mitglied

so, i have owned both (0820 and 3130): vst fits only with modification. (i have a modified VST to sell ; ). seller tells BS. result in cup is better with 3130 because of the over pressure valve. the 0820 is (my point of view) less forgiving and some brew ratios work better than others. but it is easy to add ghe OPV afterwards, i wrote an how-to. so: if you drink only medium/dark then i'd say go for the 0820 and add an OPV afterwards. ir you drink lighter roasts as well go directly 3130. which is heavier. (0820 was on some holidays with me, would not do that with the 3130. but singe i have a kompresso: no need for tha anymore).

zteneeffak, Sebastiano und Senftl gefällt das.
  13. #13 Sebastiano, 18.08.2019
    Sebastiano

Sebastiano Mitglied

Your 'problem' has been discussed a thousand times in this forum, but of course in the german language… ;)

Don't think about the price that is not the main point – it is the handling and your ambitions. With a 0820 or a 3140 you can do the same things. On a 0820 you have to do it more 'with fun & engagement' like 'active temperature surfing' especially if you want to use light roast or if you want to try different sorts of beans – on a 3140 it is a little more comfortable even with a build in overpressure valve. How ever – that's not a 'must have' but a 'nice to have' and it makes your handling a little more comfortable…

And I agree @Zuvca…

Greetings, Sebastiano

14. #14 Freewind33, 18.08.2019
    Freewind33

Freewind33 Mitglied

Thank you very much, I am an active member of a forum dedicated to espresso ... but French ... Few French espresso enthusiasts are equipped with thermoblock (rather group E61 or Rossi group, and then the levers) . Also you are very nice to inform me and I think I will visit this forum regularly (I will then install the Google translator ...).

The machine for the office will not be dedicated to experiments, but to be able to make me a good coffee, not too far, anyway, taste of what I get with my Rocket.

My taste is for medium to dark roasts. What scares me is the "temp surfing" with the 0820 (which we have with many other machines too, for example with the Silvia that I never owned).

15. #15 Sebastiano, 18.08.2019
    Sebastiano

Sebastiano Mitglied

Don't be afraid about 'the temp surfing'. The 0820 is a thermoblock-system an therefore it is possible to handle that 'surfing' more 'active' than on a boiler-system like the Silvia, in other words: with more precision. Try a translator with the link. 'active temperature surfing'.

Greetings, Sebastiano

16. #16 Freewind33, 19.08.2019
    Freewind33

Freewind33 Mitglied

one more question: the shower plate is aluminum or steel on the current 0820?

I saw / read your ritual for temp surfing - playable

17. #17 Sebastiano, 19.08.2019
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 19.08.2019
    Sebastiano

Sebastiano Mitglied

I think the very new models have a stainless steel shower plate installed but you can easy change the aluminium shower plate in older machines:
    1. The old shower plate of aluminium:
      Duschenhalter Aluplatte Quick Mill
    2. The new shower plate of stainless steel:
      Quickmill Scheibe zu Dusche - Edelstahl
      Duschenhalter EDELSTAHL Quick Mill
    3. In all machines the installed shower screen itself is of stainless steel:
      Quickmill Sieb für die Brühgruppe
      Duschensieb Quick Mill
    For better orientation the exploded view of the Quickmill thermoblock brew group:
    Quickmill Thermoblock Brühgruppe
    (shower plate = 6, shower screen = 7)

Zuvca gefällt das.
  18. #18 Freewind33, 20.08.2019
    Freewind33

Freewind33 Mitglied

Hello,
    as you informed me I think it's normal to give you a feedback on my decision.
    Concerning the 3140, I deepened my investigations and I made the network to have more returns. It turns out that the people consulted cast doubt on the long-term reliability of electronics. If I knew how to tinker (I'm really bad in this area), without hesitation, I would take the 0820 and I will make the transformation to regulate the pressure. I saw the related thread and I would not know how to do that.
    Thanks again !!!
    ps : For the office, I hesitate now for a machine with a group rossi (type Lelit PL 41 plus PID).

19. #19 benötigt, 17.10.2019
    benötigt

benötigt Mitglied

Is that still a valid information? Is it by any chance a single filter? I would be happy to buy your VST for a reasonable price. Since I have absolutely no metal working tools at hand to manage such modification myself. Thanks.

Thema:

QM 0820 or 3140

Die Seite wird geladen...

QM 0820 or 3140 - Ähnliche Themen

1. [Maschinen] QuickMill 0820 Stretta (Einzelstück)

QuickMill 0820 Stretta (Einzelstück): ---------- zieht meine geliebte 0820 Stretta (die daneben echt winzig aussieht) vermutlich den kürzeren und wird irgendwann weichen müssen, der...
  2. Reperatur Quick Mill Stretta 0820

Reperatur Quick Mill Stretta 0820: Hallo liebe Kaffe-Community, ich habe ein Problem mit meiner Quick Mill Stretta, welches ironischerweise besteht, seitdem ich Sie aus der Wartung...
  3. Quickmill Stretta 0820 - Modifikation (Schrauben der Dusche,Ganze Dusche,Sieb)

Quickmill Stretta 0820 - Modifikation (Schrauben der Dusche,Ganze Dusche,Sieb): Hallo zusammen, ich habe eine Quickmill Stretta 0820 würde gerne eine andere Dusche einbauen und ein "Profi" Sieb verwenden. Sprich ein Sieb von...
  4. Membranregler QM 0820 ist undicht

Membranregler QM 0820 ist undicht: Hallo in die Kaffeerunde, Ich musste gerade feststellen, das der weisse Kunststoff-Membranregler meiner QM Stretta am Schraubgewinde unter Druck...
  5. Quickmill 0820 - stärkeres Thermostat für heißeres Wasser?

Quickmill 0820 - stärkeres Thermostat für heißeres Wasser?: Liebe Community, ich besitze eine Quickmill 0820 aus den 80er Jahren und bin mit dieser Maschine nach wie vor sehr zufrieden. Daher habe ich...